GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Management level responsibility for safety efforts on high profile construction projects. Acts, in conjunction with Project Manager and Project Field Personnel, as a point of contact for safety with all construction vendors and contractors. Will provide leadership and technical expertise and manage external relationships. Will play a major role with regard to safety.
CORE FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage construction safety efforts on project throughout installation
• Maintain detailed safety records
• Lead safety meetings for all on-site personnel
• Manages the safety program in close coordination with the Safety Department
• Monitors construction management contract compliance (if applicable)
• Create policies that eliminate workplace hazards
• Document and remove hazards from the job site
• Document accidents, injuries, near misses, and illnesses and determine the cause
• Ensure compliance with OSHA and other safety agencies
• Maintains clarification, submittal, and deficiency logs
• Coordinates with governmental and utility agencies
• Coordinates with other client departments and personnel
• Responsible for personnel management of direct reports to include performance reviews, performance counseling, talent development, et cetera
• Ensures proper interface with key project partners (Engineering Services, Facilities Management, Operations)
• Interfaces with Client Senior Executives
• Adherence to all personnel policies and company handbooks
AOA COMPANY INFORMATION
Why you should work for AOA
At AOA we take our work seriously, which is why we really like to have fun with our team members and live up to being one of the Best Places to Work in Orlando. We are committed to monthly Team Celebrations (such as happy hours, lunches, cookouts), admission to special industry sponsored events, an AOA Holiday Party in December, AOA Kids Camp at the office, team entries fees for local race events, reimbursement for athletic wear and classes, and AOA swag for our employees. We also offer commuter benefits, paid time off (vacation, sick leave, bereavement, and jury duty), health care and long-term disability benefits, 401K retirement benefits, paid maternity leave, cell phone allowance, and a continuing education reimbursement.
To dream, create, and build global experiences of a lifetime.
To create and build innovative and transformative experiences that astonish and exceed expectations.
At AOA, it is our expectation that all employees embrace and uphold our Company Values:
Communication - Be open, authentic, approachable, timely, and purposeful in everything that we do.
Respect - Respect should be given across the board.
Transparency - Transparency is key in the development of trust between parties and is essential in communicating with honesty.
Professionalism - Professionalism truly lies in the individual's sense of responsibility to client, team, and projects.
Quality - Deliver every project knowing we did our best.
• Innovation – Continuously think outside the box and never be complacent.
• Exceed Expectations – Go beyond what our client needs.
• Repeat Business – Ensure our clients know they can trust us every step of the way to go above and beyond.
Leadership - Empower everyone to do the right things, not just do things right.
• Integrity – Have courage and confidence to do the right thing and inspire others to do the same.
• Problem Solvers – Don't be intimidated by challenges. Be creative, effective, and efficient to get the job done.
• Financially Responsible – Manage money in a way that is productive and in the best interest of the client and company.
Teamwork - Work collaboratively to create an environment where trust, honesty, and integrity is most important.
• AOA Family & Community – Be a good human and take care of one another.
• Diversity – Promote diversity of thought, people, and culture.
• Inclusion – Make everyone feel that they are valued and respected.
Balance - Be present at work and at life.
• Quality of Life - Happiness matters.
• Embrace the moment. - Give life your all and find the fun.
• Wellness - Devote time to physical and mental well-being.
• 5+ years job related experience
- Proven experience in construction safety management.
• College degree in Occupational Safety, Construction Management, Engineering, Building Construction, Architecture, or related
• Proven experience managing the construction development process and documentation (shop drawings, document control, punch lists)
• Ability to lead project teams
• Experience with and proven understanding of scheduling, estimating, budgeting, and quality control
• Ability to manage through conflict and complexity and to problem-solve issues to resolution
• Experience with hiring outside vendors, professional bid packages
• Experience in the contract administration process (contacts, professional fees)
• Ability to understand the needs of the client and to manage relationships between the owner/operator.
• Computer literacy (Word, Bluebeam, Excel, E-Mail)
• Ability to comfortably communicate, both verbally in presentation and conversation, and written in correspondence to project team, vendors, consultants and partners
• Ability to give direction, adapt to change, establish relationships, and work in a team environment
• Expanded computer proficiency in various software helpful
• Supervisory experience
• OSHA 30 Certification
• Contractor's license
• Ability to successfully manage personnel providing leadership, mentoring, coaching and guidance
• Ability to successfully lead project team including consultants, staff extensions, contractors, etcetera.
• Ability to resolve conflict