General Summary of the Job (Preferred location is St. Louis, however this person can also be located in Austin, Charlotte, Chicago or Detroit)
This is a quota carrying sales position that will be responsible for selling a portfolio of Siemens solutions to new customers and expanding the product lines of existing customers over the phone and other electronic channels.
Generates opportunities through cold calls, social selling, and the nurturing of sales leads. Works with prospective customer to identify specific requirements, gathering information regarding situation and problems to determine if Siemens has applicable solution. Determines follow up actions including scheduling technical resources for customer demos to advance the sale. Participates in final closing process.
Will develop a deep understanding of the products and solutions they are required to sell. Inside Product Specialists are in constant collaboration with sales, pre-sales, portfolio, product, and lead development teams so they can fully support the sales cycle.
* Selling the company's products and/or services via telephone and electronic channels to customers and prospects
* Create and manage opportunities from inception to close, and take ownership of opportunities received from other teams
* Identify requirements, projects, competitive details, and pain points to determine if Siemens has applicable solutions
* Establish and deliver next steps for moving opportunity forward
* Account Executives, Pre-Sales, Portfolio, Product, and Lead Development
* Typically works under self-management as sole sales representative for an assigned product or product line, or works in conjunction with Account Executives
* Participates in sales events and user meetings
* Occasional business travel is required
* Manage sales pipeline and report sales activities and KPI's in regular sales meetings
Skills and Abilities Required:
* Ability to generate prospective customers through follow up of sales leads and cold calling
* Ability to understand and interpret requirements for specific solutions being sold
* Relentless focus on following up with decision makers and maintaining forward movement of the sales process throughout the sales cycle
* verbal and written English communication skills
* Strong phone contact skills
Education and Experience Requirement:
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
* Inside Sales and/or direct selling experience
* Must be able to converse professionally over the telephone
* Must understand Microsoft Office Outlook, strong computer skills
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Must be a motivated individual
* Must currently reside in one of the cities listed
* This position could be a Hybrid in-office/home position if the candidate is close-enough to a Siemens office.
NOTE: Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the USA. Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the USA.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.