About Goodwill We believe in the potential of individuals to make positive changes in their lives. We believe that education and training empower people to make those changes. Our vision for the communities we serve is that each person is able to choose rewarding employment, financial security and the experience of educational achievement. We are committed to creating and sustaining a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We embrace our employees’ differences and acknowledge and support our collective responsibility. If you need any assistance in applying please contact PeopleRelataions@evergreengoodwill.org for any assistance or accommodation requests.
Job Title: Financial Manager, FP&A
About the Position
The Financial Manager (Financial Planning & Analysis) will elevate and support the building of Evergreen Goodwill’s Finance team, in order to ensure critical processes and support of key stakeholders in keeping up with the growth of Evergreen Goodwill business.
This role will lead and drive corporate reporting cadence (both internal and external), to provide department leaders meaningful insights into their decision-making to support growth. This role collaborates closely with the Accounting team and with key business partners across departments to analyze the critical drivers that will develop our annual operating budget, rolling forecast and long-range plan.
The Financial Manager also supports monthly accounting close, including oversight to all areas of the financials with focus on expenses, accruals, revenue and cash flow to ensure accuracy.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Own, lead and drive the corporate reporting cadence and process for internal and external reporting.
• Drive budgeting, forecasting and reporting for the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements across all departments.
• Own and develop scalable and agile financial models to support ongoing business reviews, annual planning, quarterly budgeting and weekly/monthly forecasting processes.
• Lead the quantification of risks and opportunities across the business in collaboration with key stakeholders in order to provide accurate and timely forecasting for decision-making.
• Aid the consolidation process to synthesize and communicate the financial narrative in concise materials for internal and external stakeholders.
• Support our cash forecasting and capital allocation process across the business.
• Closely collaborate with the Accounting team and across departments to provide strategic analysis, insights, reporting, and analytics that influence business decision-making.
• Establish and manage processes for project prioritization including business case development, capital allocation, monthly business reviews, and dashboards and reporting for the senior leadership team.
• Support the development of our operations planning process for demand planning and our inventory purchases.
• Prepare monthly variance analysis and deep dive reviews to improve the accuracy of our forecasting.
• Support the monthly accounting close process by owning the proper classification and recording of expenses and accruals and providing review and analysis prior to our close.
• Advocate for the Finance and Accounting team within other areas of the company for such needs as process and systems improvements, data integrity and timelines.
• Look to automate, streamline and constantly improve all Finance processes.
• Proactively research and resolve financial inquiries, issues and ad-hoc requests as needed.
• Foster entrepreneurial spirit across the company and lead cultural awareness towards developing Finance and Accounting to be the heartbeat of the organization.
• Uphold safe work practices in support of a safety culture through awareness and observation; reports any potential hazards or accidents.
• Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements (Qualifications for the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business and/or similar discipline is a plus.
• Retail and large organization preferred. 4-6 years of relevant Finance experience in retail and large organization preferred.
• Operational FP&A experience combined with prior investment banking, private equity, or management consulting experience preferred.
• Proven experience in analysis, modeling, and reporting financial performance, with a strong sense of entrepreneurial, builder mindset that embraces being part of a team supporting high-growth in a dynamic environment.
• Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and timelines.
• FP&A related experience with retail and e-commerce stores, and/or grants and contracts.
• Ability to build strong relationships with peers and senior leadership.
• Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate findings in written, verbal and presentation form.
• Self-starter/self-motivated/ownership mentality. Has the ability to work in a hands-on environment and work well independently.
• Acute attention to detail and accuracy with desire to take ownership in a results oriented environment.
• Strong communicator who will be a trusted voice and owner in the organization.
• Impeccable organizational skills with strong interpersonal and communication abilities.
• A team player with a no compromises approach to the quality of your work.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations: N/A
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office, including Teams.
• Experience with Dayforce a plus.
• Ability to learn new technology and software as related to the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required sit for long periods, communicate with other employees by talking and hearing, required to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 pounds and to operate computer systems. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Able to communicate with others effectively both verbally and written, including those who have limited English skills. Maintain reliable attendance.
Essential Mental/Sensory Abilities:
• Problem solving
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Analyzing and interpreting data
• Time management
• Interpreting data
Work Environment: Office environment, moderate noise level. Must have reliable transportation.
General Description of All Benefits
Evergreen Goodwill provides the following benefits to employees:
• 20% employee shopping discount at all retail and outlet locations
• Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental and vision for full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
• Vacation pay – based on job role and tenure
• Sick time pay – based on accruals and Seattle Paid Sick/Safe Time
• 9 paid holidays per year (includes floating holidays)
• Voluntary insurance plans for full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA) full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
• Basic AD&D and Basic Life Insurance for full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
• Long Term Disability insurance for exempt (salaried full-time employees)
• 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – free and confidential
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Employee loan program – for critical needs such as rent, electric bill, etc.
• Educational loan program
• Some job roles are eligible for bonuses
• Jury duty and bereavement pay
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Goodwill believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor Goodwill to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the Goodwill.