AD, Access & Reimbursement - PSS RLT - Washington DC - Remote
Thousands of people die of cancer around the world every day. At Novartis, we are reimagining cancer care with radioligand therapy. By harnessing the power of radioactive atoms and applying it to advanced cancers, radioligand therapy is theoretically able to deliver radiation to target cells anywhere in the body. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. We are passionate about improving patient health by leading innovation in nuclear medicine and our ambition is to touch 1 million patients' lives with radioligand therapy by 2030. We are looking for people who share our commitment to help us achieve this goal.
The Associate Director, Access & Reimbursement, RLT is a remote and field-based role that covers the following states but not limited to Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Lexington. The Associate must reside within territory, and for large geographies the Associate must be near a metropolitan airport.
The Associate Director, PSS RLT Access & Reimbursement - (ADAR) is a field-based role that proactively provides in-person (or virtual as needed) education to defined accounts within their assigned geographies on a wide range of access and reimbursement topics and needs (see below) in support of aligned product(s) strategy. ADARs primarily focus on accounts with increased process and workflow complexity, typically including centralized and decentralized systems of care, integrated delivery networks, academic medical institutions, large multi-provider specialty practices, and alternate sites of care.
The ADAR will serve as the access and reimbursement lead in business-to-business conversations with account executives. The ADAR role is responsible for managing the pull-through of access and reimbursement strategy and downstream operations within their aligned accounts. ADARs are expected to have deep expertise in communicating requirements and addressing barriers associated with local payer policy coverage, multi-channel acquisition pathways, billing and coding (as needed), claims processing, reimbursement, and integration of manufacturer support programs into a range of account workflows. The ADAR will continually need to demonstrate a keen ability to problem solve and manage multiple projects.
ADARs partner closely with other Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (NPC) field associates, including Customer Engagement (Sales) and Market Access, representing NPC with the highest integrity in accordance with NPC Values and Behaviors. ADARs will also be required to coordinate and communicate cross-functionally within NPC (e.g., Patient Support Center, Customer Engagement, Marketing, Market Access, Public Affairs, State & Government Affairs, Trade, Specialty Pharmacy Account Management, and other applicable third-party affiliates).
Your Key Responsibilities:
* Be a critical partner to the PSS customer engagement team on supply capacity, site procurement eligibility, as well as a customer facing resource for communications on orders/logistics and understand RLT key priorities in core disease areas, financial goals, and site initiatives to influence overall account and regional business strategies.
* Interact with large, complex accounts to support patient access within their aligned therapeutic area product(s), proactively provide face-to-face education on programs to providers and staff in order to support integration of those products into office processes and workflows.
* Address customer questions for issues related to NPC policies on therapeutic area products ordering, payment, inventorying, and product returns & replacement in offices and be accountable for standing up NVS-sponsored patient support programs to enable patients starting and staying on therapy (i.e., co-pay).
* Work with key members of therapeutic area offices (e.g., executives, providers, administrators, billing and coding staff, claims departments, revenue cycle managers) in order to appropriately support patient access to products.
* Ability to analyze problems and offer solutions, while understanding specifics and support questions associated with patient reimbursement and coordinate on reimbursement issues with third party payers at the provider-level.
* Supports pull-through on local coverage decisions to enable meaningful patient access within the system and proactively communicates policy changes or issues that could potentially affect other departments.
* Maintain expertise in regional and local access landscape, anticipating changes in the healthcare landscape, and act as their aligned therapeutic area product(s) reimbursement expert (as needed).
* Interface with Patient Support Center (hub) and Field Reimbursement Managers on important matters related to patient case management, including tracking cases, issue resolution, reimbursement support, and appropriate office staff education.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy (customer-facing roles only): While Novartis does not require vaccination for COVID-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for COVID-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers' (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to Eh.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary: The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $174,400 and $261,600; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You'll Bring to the Role:
* Bachelor's Degree required (business and/or biological science education preferred); advanced degree preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in pharmaceuticals/biotech industry focused in PSS, Market Access, Sales, or Account Management; with 2+ of those years being in a PSS practice support role for a specialty product(s).
* Experience working with highly sophisticated practices and/or health systems to establish access and acquisition pathways.
* Strategic account management experience using a proactive approach to anticipate access hurdles impacting accounts and patient access.
* Deep expertise and experience integrating manufacturer-sponsored patient support programs.
* Experience with specialty products acquired through Specialty Pharmacy networks.
* Knowledge of reimbursement pathways (specialty pharmacy, buy-and-bill, retail).
* Possess a strong understanding of commercial payers, Medicare plans and state Medicaid in geographic region.
* This is a remote position that will support key accounts in an assigned region. Candidate must reside within territory, and near a metropolitan airport. Ability to travel 50% over a broad geography is required, with the ability to drive and/or fly within the territory. No relocation