This is for a Front Desk position at the Rhapsody Spa in the Westin Nashville Hotel
Why The Westin Nashville? Here are a handful of reasons why people enjoy working here:
Full-Time Employee Parking (or a WeGo Public Transit Pass) is picked up by us (excludes Part-Time or On-Call)
Uniforms are complimentary
Meals are on us
Car Purchase Discounts
Computer Purchase Discounts
Lots of other special discounts for popular products and services
But the reason our employees relish working at The Westin Nashville is because their efforts are noticed and recognized. There's genuine appreciation and gratitude for the work you do.
We indulge your wanderlust
Our Associates get Travel Discounts on hotels at nearly 8000 Marriott properties worldwide including rooms and meals
Discounts on Rental Cars, other popular hotels, and hotel alternatives
Discounts on tickets to Concerts, Theme Parks, and other Attractions
But you don't need to go anywhere to have a great time. We host Associate Recognition events, parties, and potlucks year-round. For you, and your +1.
We don't forget family
Most benefits and perks are available to your family as well
We even have special insurance and discounts for your four-legged family members with cold wet noses
More than just a job
One of the few times you'll apply for a job, only to find a career. That's life at The Westin Nashville where more than 60% of associates move into second, third, or more roles with us. While most companies measure performance, we also measure and reward potential. Career Development is not just a buzz word, it's our way of doing business. And career development doesn't stop at our door. Millions have found a lifetime of opportunity and growth in the hospitality industry. Who knows, before you know it you may be managing your own hotel/restaurant/spa/salon or owning it. And, whether you stay with us, or grow beyond us, our leadership will be right there with you, supporting you and cheering you on.
Now, we also know you are more than just the sum of what you do at work. That's why when it comes to benefits and perks, we think about the whole person, the total you, and offer benefits which are flexible and able to meet your individual needs.
We are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This starts with a culture of acceptance and conscious efforts that go beyond lip service. It includes outreach and education, and most importantly action. You can feel proud to know you are joining an organization that understands its responsibility to its employees, guests and the greater good by making decisions that have kept and will continue to keep its environmental and societal impact in mind.
As a Spa Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting the daily operation of the Spa. You will consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service for all guests during the check-in and check-out processes. Using your welcoming personality and strong guest service skills, you will familiarize guests with their surroundings and share the Spa story after their check-in and ensure that they had an optimal experience upon check-out. Your familiarity with the spa and treatments offered will help you as you guide guests through the reservation process, encouraging multiple treatments when possible. You will also be responsible for communicating all changes, cancellations and additions to the leadership team as well as processing transactions and balancing the cash drawer.
• Schedule services for individuals and large groups using spa/salon reservations software system.
• Call guests to confirm scheduled services.
• Update the reservations/cancellations list throughout the day, inform providers of last-minute changes, and resolve scheduling issues as needed by working with supervisor/manager.
• Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtain change required for expected business level, and keep bank secure at all times.
• Process guest payments for spa/salon services and obtain payment authorization as needed.
• Accept and log cash tips for employees.
• Balance, scan, and drop receipts with Accounting.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of employees.
• Check in guests for appointments, confirm first and last name, and provide general spa orientation to guests upon arrival.
• Promote and sell spa/salon services.
• Answer questions about available services.
• Comply with quality assurance standards.
• Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any reports of theft.
• Follow company and department policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; wear nametag; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
• Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
• Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
• Have access to reliable transportation and follow attendance policy
ADDITIONAL POSITION DUTIES:
• Respond to any reasonable task assigned by Spa Manager.
• Assist in other areas of the operation as needed.
• Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any reports of theft.
• All other duties as assigned.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled mandatory training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Castlerock policies and procedures for the safe and effective operation of the hotel's facilities. Employees who violate company rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities of the position, nor should it be construed as a contract. As with all positions at Castlerock, employment is "at will" or voluntary on both the part of the employee or employer. That's means employment can be terminated by either party with or without notice and/or with or without cause.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND RECEIPT:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.