At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Our Healthcare Customers are federally mandated (by Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services or CMS) requiring vendors to have the COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption. There are select Customers who do not accept any exceptions. Unvaccinated Associates may be excluded from working at a Customer site, require routine testing with an approved exemption (if accepted by the Customer) or have limited Customer access impacting their ability to remain employed. Additionally, we may be required to meet state mandates on COVID-19 vaccination, exemptions and/or booster requirements. This position is a Customer-facing role that falls under a state or CMS mandate.
How You Will Make a Difference:
Do you have a proven track record for navigating key decision makers and building rapport? There are not many companies that do what we do, so we make it a priority to continuously develop and train our sales force. STERIS has several resources for our Account Managers to set them up for success and continued development along their careers. This includes on-the-job training, a dedicated training department, and local product managers.
As the Surgical Account Manager at STERIS, you will be the primary contact and sales consultant responsible for selling and supporting the Surgical Solutions portfolio of products. Our offering includes general and specialty surgical tables, surgical and examination lights, equipment management systems, operating room storage cabinets, warming cabinets, scrub sinks and other complementary products and accessories for use in hospitals and ambulatory surgery sites. (Must have 3 - 5 years of consistent capital equipment sales experience)
We Take Care of You:
* Base salary plus commission
* Car stipend and mileage reimbursement
* Business travel and related expenses paid via company credit card
* Cell phone stipend
* Excellent healthcare/ dental/ vision benefits
* 401(k) with a company match
* A robust sales training program
* Excellent opportunities for advancement
What You Will Do:
* Responsible for the overall financial performance and Customer satisfaction in your assigned territory. This is accomplished by meeting yearly sales goals, driving growth in market share from competitors, and assuring that all Customer experiences are positive, noteworthy and exceeding expectations.
* Call on a wide spectrum of call points within hospitals and integrated delivery networks, including C-suite (CEO, CFO, CMO), OR leadership, Risk Management, Materials Management, Bio-Medical, Infection Prevention Practitioners, Surgeons and nursing staff.
* Act as a quarterback for all Customer projects (renovation to new construction) from inception through implementation orchestrating both internal and external resources to ensure Customer satisfaction.
What You Need to be Successful:
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or Marketing
* 3+ years' capital equipment sales experience consistently exceeding sales goals
* Experience in medical and capital equipment sales; experience selling to a variety of departments with an emphasis on the OR and SPD is preferred
* Successful history of selling new products, increasing product utilization, and protecting existing market share position
* Demonstrated success in selling IT solutions/video integration preferred
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business hours.
Req ID: 27179
Job Category: Sales
Chicago, IL, US, 60618
Life at STERIS